Sunday, October 16, 2005

sudbury for thanksgiving

well i haven't updated this thing in a while and the only reason really is because i have become lazy. that and the fact that i am not travelling really right now and i figured that you all who are still checking this blog probably don't care about what is happening with me these days. i would like to recap on my experiences though. since arriving back in canada i have been overwhelmed by many things but mostly by the strange fact that my six month trip feels only slightly more than a daydream and that, were it not for the pictures and scars (and new tattoo) i probably wouldn't be able to remember anything concrete. for this reason i am really content that i blogged the whole ordeal. really, i think that this whole travelling itch people get once they have begun exploring parts unknown stems more from a serious form of withdrawl, much like a night of heavy drinking where you find yourself in a daze, most likely draped over a couch cushion in some random house you don't remember ever being at and realizing that, despite serious blocks of missing time and memory, there is a great sense that you had the time of your life and would do anything to try and reconstruct a similar party with similar friends and have similar experiences. for half a year i have been living a party that has, i will concede, abruptly ended with a 22 hour flight, some sobering facts about my homelife, a city that i don't recognize, a new appartment and an endless job search. who wouldn't want to just jump back on a plane or boat or whatever to start the party up all over again. why does 'real life' have to be built with the uniform grey lego blocks of a 'real job', 'real home', 'real love' and 'real priorities'? anyway, sorry for the rant. it was a wonderful trip and adventure and anyone who wants to ask more specific questions can email me at iamjamieread@gmail.com. so...since i have been back i moved into a new place with my pal james, have been interviewing for a new job and just trying to reaquaint myself with friends and toronto and such. this pic is of me and my sis and cousins in sudbury. i have more pics here if you like from our thanksgiving there. it is really good to be back though. except that i want to be back in asia...i am torn...


l to r - my sis kaitlyn, my cousin shannon, me and my cousin sarah in sudbury for thanksgiving Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bootleg blog-only Yahoo search
Ha, I've gotten my wish - Threadwatch has cooked up a blog-only Yahoo search that takes you directly to the blogs/Flickr/My Web 2.0 search result set instead of having to click through from the news/blogs ...
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

Anonymous said...

Awww Jamie, i follow your blog like a real stalker, don't ever stop. When can we meet up next?
Sahar