Thursday, January 13, 2011

KPop is taking over the world


Over at In Yeon, I've been blogging a lot about KPop, also known as Korean Pop. There are a few reasons for this that I would like to explain. Not that I feel I need to explain, but I'm gonna explain it anyway.


Firstly, KPop is taking over the world... Seriously! I blogged about how every morning at 10am when I check Twitter, some kind of Korean pop band, actor or whatever is trending near the top. This is an indication of the appeal of Korean entertainment in the rest of Asia, especially South East Asia and its growing fan base pretty much everywhere else. It's even gotten to the point where sex scandals are becoming a regular thing.


Secondly, and related to the first reason, now that Rory and I are married and back to our routine lives, we don't have a lot of stuff to blog about. Aside from keeping our friends and family updated on our wedding plans, customs and pics, the blog also was a way to share the unique culture of Korea, current news and some of the quirky things that we feel make it great. So we decided to focus on this area a lot more and are beginning to look at interesting fashion trends, current events, food, culture and entertainment. Kpop is 99% of the entertainment industry so it makes sense that there will be a lot of posts on this.


Lastly, I kinda like some of the music. Maybe it is the cute little dances or the girls or what, but there are some catchy tunes. I don't love it but I've always been into watching bands and music trends and prided myself on identifying the next big thing. Trust me, Kpop is coming!


So that's it really. In case you thought our blog was taken over by a 15 year old Malaysian girl, I hope that this post explains things a bit.

No comments: